Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Waitz
Guide
Guide

I have had 2 Wi-Fi doorbell cameras installed for 7 months (working well) when both abruptly had drastic drop in battery life, all of a sudden lasting less than 24 hours after recharge. There has been no other changes in settings, activity, usage or anything else. I even bought new batteries to see if the original batteries were drained, but no improvement. 

I have looked at all the other similar threads in the forum, and no suggestions are applicable. I even reduced the sensitivity to the point that they are not recording what they should, but batteries still drain with the speed of light.

This is quite alarming - any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can remove, reset and reconnect the doorbells to see if that helps.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Are the doorbells connected to your router or to a hub? Have you rebooted those, as appropriate? You may also want to remove any activity zones so you can get a true sense of total recordings per day, with <5 minutes total being the spec for battery life.

ks4an
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Suddenly both of my doorbells are discharging the battery very quickly. I have disconnected one and reconnected which updated the firmware to it and my hub. But last night on a full charge it was down to 9% this morning.

Arlo help please!

Keith

Waitz
Guide
Guide

Yes, factory reset, updates and reconnect is not making improvements. We just lost capturing video of damage done to our property because of this, so it’s upsetting and alarming. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

ks4an
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue fixed. Connected both Doorbells directly to my 2.4G WiFi. Took them both off the Arlo Hub. Now I worry about all my Arlo cameras. They do not connect directly to WiFi and need the Arlo hub. But so far so good.

ks4an
Aspirant
Aspirant

I connected my doorbells up to the WiFi instead of the Arlo hub. Problem solved. But don’t know why it didn’t affect my cameras the same way.

Seanus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem here too. Has been fine for months. Now battery won’t last 2 days.

Have followed all the recommendations apart from switching to WiFi instead of Hub. Don’t really want to do that as I record video locally.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I do not see a doorbell on the account. Is it under a different email address or did you take it off the account?

ks4an
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is on the account and working fine now that I took it off of the Arlo hub and connected it directly to my WIFI.

ELardner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I’m having same problem after 1 year. Support said to reset.Nope then to drop device from app.Now will no longer sync to add device. Did find solution?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation