Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Silent mode

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pnw1
Follower
Follower

I have a wireless video doorbell but can’t get silent mode to work. I flip to silent mode, it appears on (turns blue) but still getting notifications on my phone, thoughts?

this is a brand new doorbell 

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@pnw1 wrote:

I have a wireless video doorbell but can’t get silent mode to work. I flip to silent mode, it appears on (turns blue) but still getting notifications on my phone, thoughts?

Silent mode only affects what happens when the doorbell is pressed - letting you 

• prevent the chime from sounding and/or
    • prevent the doorbell from calling your phone. 

It doesn't have any effect on motion-triggered or audio-triggered notifications.  There are a couple of ways you can disable those, including

• using a mode that is set not to notify you
    • using the temporary notification mute feature
    • disabling some notification types from the smart notifications settings for the doorbell
    • disarming the doorbell

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pnw1 wrote:

Silent mode only affects what happens when the doorbell is pressed - letting you 

• prevent the chime from sounding and/or
  • prevent the doorbell from calling your phone. 

It doesn't have any effect on motion-triggered or audio-triggered notifications.  There are a couple of ways you can disable those, including

• disabling some notification types from the smart notifications settings for the doorbell
  • disarming the doorbell
splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

• disarming the doorbell

Can you please elaborate on each of these.  None of them seem intuitive.  I've found Feed Settings from the Feed tab at the bottom of the screen;  there are 16 event types to select/de-select but this seems clunky for simply wanting to stop notifications temporarily on one doorbell whilst builder is going in and out all day long. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @splinternet 

You can temporarily mute your notifications by navigating to The Profile icon in the top left > Notifications > Mute Notifications.

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, thanks.  Is it possible to mute only a specific doorbell?   I'd want my other one to keep sending notificatons.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@splinternet Unfortuantely it's all or nothing for the mute feature. You can either remove the alert in the rule or disable the device from the app temporarily. 

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK thanks 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@splinternet I'll be here to help if you have any further questions. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@splinternet wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

• disarming the doorbell

Can you please elaborate on each of these.  None of them seem intuitive.  I've found Feed Settings from the Feed tab at the bottom of the screen;  there are 16 event types to select/de-select but this seems clunky for simply wanting to stop notifications temporarily on one doorbell whilst builder is going in and out all day long. 

using a mode that doesn't notifiy you:

using the temporary notification mute feature

disabling some smart notification types:

disarming the doorbell (turning it off for a while)

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation