Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Doorbell Ring Alert and Double Notifications Issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Beardy_jo
Follower
Follower

Hi Arlo community,

I hope you're all doing well.

I recently bought the Arlo Essential battery doorbell camera because I primarily want to know who is ringing my doorbell before I answer.

However, I shortly realised that it only captures the motion of someone approaching the doorbell, not when someone actually rings it.

The problem is that when the doorbell is pressed, I receive the automatic phone call, which I have to cancel before checking the app notification to see who is at my door. However, there's a glitch that always results in two double notifications. The first one has no video, and the second one appears after swiping the first away, showing the video clip, but by then, the person has usually left.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or found a solution? It seems like an oversight, and it's frustrating. Any insights would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Beardy_jo wrote:

The problem is that when the doorbell is pressed, I receive the automatic phone call, which I have to cancel before checking the app notification to see who is at my door.

If you answer the call, then you'd see the live video of the person at the door.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation