Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing recordings after app upgrade

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mintee
Aspirant
Aspirant

After my recent update on the app, my doorbell is getting motion detection notifications but randomly recording previews. 2/20 notifications I get are recorded.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mintee Do you happen to have any filters set in your feeds?

Mintee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, no filter applied. I tried deleting the app and reinstalled it back. Was able to record more previews then went back only receiving just notifications. Tried rebooting modem, routers even my Arlo base station. Works occasionally but still majority just notifications with no previews.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Oh, so you are "occasionally"  receiving the picture with the push notification? 

Mintee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Out of 100% push notifications I get, less than 50% are with previews (pictures/video playbacks). 

Used to be 100% push notifications, I received 100% with previews (pictures/video playbacks) before I updated the app.

*Please note that no settings have been changed before and after the app update. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mintee Do you happen to have another device to see if the rich notification/Image is missing there as well? 

Are you using an Android or iOS device? What is the OS version

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

Mintee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I do not have other device to test on. 

I am on IOS 17.4 and arlo app 4.12.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mintee I have escalated this for you and someone from Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation