Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help connecting chime 2

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
So16
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need help. I purchase a chime 2 to go with my essential wire free doorbell and I cannot get it to connect. It keeps telling me it can’t connect to the temporary WiFi it creates. I went through olds posts on here and did every suggested and still nothing. I also reached out to support who were not helpful. Any suggestions before I just give up and return it?

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that your phone settings allow you to connect to new/unknown networks.

So16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I did that. Any other suggestions 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Describe the exact steps you go through to try to connect to the temporary network. 

So16
Aspirant
Aspirant

I open the app select add chime 2. scan the qr code. it askes me do you want to connect to arlo_0787 i hit yes or continue then in about 5 minutes i get a message that says unable to join and it only gives me an option of try again or cancel. I had looked through these forums so i have tried forgetting my home network, i have tried deleting the app and re downloading it, i do not have any special characters in my wifi password or wifi network name, it is connected to the 2.4 connection, i tried putting the chime right next to the actual wifi router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While could just be a faulty chime (something about the network config), try resetting the chime to see if that helps:

https://kb.arlo.com/000061879/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Chime-or-Chime-2

ALso, try a different phone to see if that helps.

So16
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried both of those things!! I’m returning it Today. I’ve spent hours trying to figure it out and support is no help. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@So16 Are you using an iPhone and if so what model?

So16
Aspirant
Aspirant

An iPhone 15 pro

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are seeing with the Chime 2 and iPhone 15's. By any chance do you have another device in your household an android or older iPhone?

So16
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t. My son also has an iPhone 15

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation