Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Wire-free Doorbell is not recognised by VMB5000r6 smart hub or 2.4g wi-fi. Cant connect it

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Swebb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been using my VMB5000 smart hub for approx two years with multiple cameras linked. Im trying to add a new Essential Wire-free doorbell. Unable to get the doorbell recognised. Have tried to connect to the smart and to the 2.5 wi-fi without success.

Have read and re-read all the articles which relate to the issue (seems common) but none of the suggestions have worked.

There is no sound when i scan the QR code, but once the battery is attached and i press the button i hear a sound, followed by the white circle flashing for a short time, but the app tells me it cant find any device to add.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to clarify, is this the original wire free doorbell or the n Gen. 2 doorbell? If the latter, it can't connect to a base or hub yet - a future firmware update will be needed.

As for connecting to your WiFi, try this reset procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

As I recall, you should be hearing a sound when scanning the QR code so it would seem that you're not actually completing that step. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to clarify, is this the original wire free doorbell or the n Gen. 2 doorbell? If the latter, it can't connect to a base or hub yet - a future firmware update will be needed.

As for connecting to your WiFi, try this reset procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

As I recall, you should be hearing a sound when scanning the QR code so it would seem that you're not actually completing that step. 

Swebb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank-you jguerdat.

It is the original wire free doorbell, and undertaking the hard reset of the doorbell itself fixed the problem.

I am now connected.

Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation