Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell battery dies after 1 day

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I put a fully charged battery in my doorbell and it died after one day. I put in my second battery (fully charged) and it died after one day!

What the heck!  This whole week has been an Arlo nightmare. 

4 REPLIES 4
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to support, you get that by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the WiFi signal strength when standing next to the doorbell. House construction can make a huge difference with stucco, brick and stone being among the worst for blocking the signal. You may have to place a WiFi extender inside near the doorbell to get a decent signal.

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

it's not the wifi because it was working fine for over a year. Just these last couple of days the battery has only lasted one day. One of the batteries is new, just purchased it a couple of months ago. 

It can't be the cold because I didn't have this problem last winter. Well, not drained in ONE day. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's wireless, bring it indoors, still near the door and monitor battery drain for a while. Check for a moved or new wireless device that also uses the 2.4GHz band that's nearby. In the meantime, use the app to go to Settings, Support, select the doorbell and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support. You can't get an RMA unless you're in a country that has a longer warranty period (EU, GB, etc.) but they may also be able to help.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation