Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell: WiFi Vs SmartHub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So, encouraged during the installation process by the messages to connect my doorbell to the SmartHub, I did exactly that. (Both are about 3m apart, in a direct line, at most.) Performance was good to start with, but I've noticed that, rather strangely, it somewhat degrades over time. Today, for example, I couldn't see the video after answering the doorbell, wasn't heard by the postie, and everything was very sluggish in general, even though I stay in an area with very few WiFi networks around me. So, I decided to reset the doorbell. I'm used to this now, knowing that with Arlo, nothing remains stable, and one has to be on their toes all the time. However, for a change, this time, I connected the doorbell directly to the router, which is my Fritz!Box 7530 on a FTTP connection (150 down/30 up). What a difference: my doorbell is now very responsive etc etc, though it's still early days. What is your experience of your doorbell being connected to either the router or SnartHub? Have you noticed any changes in terms of performance, too? Mods, happy for you to provide an explanation for the above. 

2 REPLIES 2
zanu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I always wanted to connect my wireless doorbell 2001  to the hub 5000. But it always gets connected to wifi, or the setup just fails.

I could never connect it to the HUB. S&*(tiest setup process of all devices . 😠

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Indeed. It connects to WiFi to start with, and then to the SmartHub. However, with the codes being scanned on two occasions, it isn't the easiest of set ups, and I'm not sure why it needs to be so difficult and why there can't also be a card/plastic with the code printed on it, as well as on the doorbell. I tried to take a photo of the code with my old phone and use that to connect the doorbell, but the code isn't read properly. Seriously, what an inconvenience all that. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation