Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Bash7380
Tutor
Tutor

I have a wireless video doorbell I bought in February of 2023.  It is model # AVD2001.

I always have the Do Not Disturb feature on my Android phone turned on, so only phone numbers in my Contact List will ring my phone when calling me.  I use a Samsung S22 Ultra with android version 13.

Is there any way for the doorbell to ring my phone even though the Do Not Disturb feature is turned on?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried changing the DND setting in the phone settings for the app? 

Bash7380
Tutor
Tutor

I did change one setting without success.

Can you recommend a specific setting to change fix this issue for me?

Thanks,

Dave

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have any Samsung phones so can't comment. There have been a few recent posts that seem similar to yours and their screenshots for DND settings differ from what I see on a Pixel 6 so it appears to be a Samsung thing. 

@JamesC or @ShayneS , is there a known issue with the latest Samsung OS settings about this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I was able to receive a call with Do not disturb enabled with an Android device. Do you receive calls when DND is off?

Bash7380
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Yes I do receive a phone call from the video doorbell when the  Do Not Disturb feature is off.

Arlo customer service said I would not receive call if the DND is turned on.  Very interesting that you do receive a call with DND turned on.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the Arlo app v4.7?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation