Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell and HomeKit integration

Discussion stats
marko988
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I found this thread from 1 year ago https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-and-HomeKit-integration/m-p/18... where I found out that the wired doorbell was updated and become compatible with homekit.

I was wondering if there's a timeline for the wire-free model AVD2001. Are you planning to release a firmware that'll add homekit integration?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Homekit integration is currently in the slow rollout phase. This means a small percentage of users may have the firmware available that supports HomeKit for AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras when connected to a compatible base station or SmartHub.

Once this firmware is available to all users, we will post an announcement here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001(Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

144 REPLIES 144
YSR50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure why I left notifications on this long as I feel at this point Arlo would update the hardware before ever updating the firmware for HK. Safe to think it's not coming to this device.

But now with this spam / ad it is time to turn off notifications for this thread.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001(Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

Slpresto
Tutor
Tutor

What about integration for wireless door bell and security system. I purchased these as well as other people b/c I was told upon questioning that HomeKit integration was in the works? Is that going to happen? If not my fault for believing Arlo but I can always leave a review to warn other people from making the same mistake. 

Bamcconn
Guide
Guide

AVD2001 referenced by JamesC is the wireless video doorbell. For what it’s worth — I’ve sold mine. Far too much time has passed with little to no updates. I’ve learned to never buy a product with the promise of features to come and only base my decision to purchase on what the product currently offers and if that’s worthy enough.

YSR50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now that a second gen doorbell has been announced, the AVD2001 will continue to be sold? And no HK for the new one?

BossSnapper5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

As we are nearing the end of 2023, is there a further update on this?

Thanks

BreakfastMan
Initiate
Initiate

Well I finally gave in and bought the Logitech Circle View. The chime kit is a little ugly, but otherwise it does everything the Arlo did not. Works directly in Home with Secure Video. Streaming is far snappier. Recording is perfect. I’ll be replacing all my Arlo security cameras with Logitech too. 

Does exactly what it says on the box: works with Apple homekit. Imagine that!

Aurorus2014
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you James for the update. We are all looking forward to this.

Separately, is the newly released 2k Doorbell Homekit Compatible?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aurorus2014 wrote:

Separately, is the newly released 2k Doorbell Homekit Compatible?

Not at present.  That would require connecting the doorbell to a smarthub (which isn't possible just yet).  Plus of course homekit support.

If this is a must-have for you, then I suggest waiting until both base station and homekit support are announced here.

Tjhastings
Star
Star

Has there been any updates please ?

Tjhastings
Star
Star

Was there an update ?

XanderTigerclaw
Tutor
Tutor

Hey James—checking in on this one, it’s now 9 November so with “the end of 2023” fast approaching just wondering if by some chance there’s any further clarity on HomeKit compatibility for these devices (especially the wire-free doorbell) or if I’m buying something else for Christmas (and as a sidenote, likely replacing my Arlo cameras for something that supports HomeKit Secure Video too)…

Dexter1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s half November 2023. Any new about the doorbell wireless camera HomeKit compatibility? This is a long overdue requested feature.

Kerbray
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @JamesC ,

Any updates on both the Video Doorbell and the Arlo Pro 5 HomeKit integration?

You advised HomeKit integration towards the end of the year, where we're almost in December now.

This is long-overdue, with the timelines constantly being pushed back. Are we ever going to get this feature?

cimmy
Tutor
Tutor

Another customer lost. We switched to LG. Since we have a wired doorbell at our new home we replaced that with the LG

Wgwifi
Guide
Guide

It is now November 2023 and there is no HomeKit for AVD2001 Arlo doorbell. What's the word James ? 

paulchenault
Initiate
Initiate

When will the Wireless Doorbell be able to work with Apple HomeKit?

NZMJP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great! Only a few days to go until this request is resolved!  The original request was logged January 2022!  I mean if there is no resolution, it will show how Arlo is extremely poor at listening to and caring about their users. Cannot wait until the update before the end of 2023!

jarc100
Guide
Guide

I'm 100% sure they will not do anything.

cimmy
Tutor
Tutor

So much happier with my LG circle doorbell. Shows up in my HomeKit app. I just suggest making sure you have a wifi extender close to it as well as change the transformer to 24v on your existing wired system. 

we originally go the Arlo battery one as our old place didn’t have wiring and now our new home does. I would 100% just getting the lg and wire it in. This Arlo system even if it worked you will still need another hub. The LG works off your HomeKits hubs. 

Do yourself a favour do the homework and don’t waste your time with the Arlo as they under delivered the wireless doorbell

tomA24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Look everyone needs to just move on. It’s not going to happen. Arlo has decided they don’t want your money so we need to stop begging them to take it!

I bought the Aqara G4 and I love it. All Arlo did was introduce me to another great HomeKit capable brand and now instead of buying other Arlo accessories I’ve understand up buying other Aqara accessories. 

Tjhastings
Star
Star

If you haven’t left yet gen 2  doorbell now connects to HomeKit !!! Happened sometime last night . iOS update maybe 

Aurorus2014
Tutor
Tutor

Good to know!

Can anyone else confirm that Gen 2’s work. I might consider upgrading from Gen 1

Kerbray
Tutor
Tutor

Credit where credit is due:

Both the Arlo Pro 5 and doorbell (wireless, former model), work on HomeKit!

Thanks @JamesC .

Aurorus2014
Tutor
Tutor

Oh really. What is the firmware version?

I just checked my Gen 1, and it’s not showing up on my HomeKit. My other Arlo cameras do.