Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
marko988
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I found this thread from 1 year ago https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-and-HomeKit-integration/m-p/18... where I found out that the wired doorbell was updated and become compatible with homekit.

I was wondering if there's a timeline for the wire-free model AVD2001. Are you planning to release a firmware that'll add homekit integration?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Homekit integration is currently in the slow rollout phase. This means a small percentage of users may have the firmware available that supports HomeKit for AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras when connected to a compatible base station or SmartHub.

Once this firmware is available to all users, we will post an announcement here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001(Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

144 REPLIES 144
JoeHelou
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received the update (1.8.0.0_4_4a16fed_758744c). However, the doorbell is not showing in Home app.

The doorbell is already connected to the smart hub (VMB5000), which is already up to date. I tried removing the doorbell then adding it again with no luck. I also tried removing the smart hub from homekit then adding it again. The doorbell is still not showing in Home app. Am I missing something?

RyanNixon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m the same, I now have V1.8 but still no HomeKit support. @JamesC is now just ignoring us!

Wgwifi
Guide
Guide

What base station do you have ? I still can’t even update to 1.8 and I’m on 1.7 with no updates available. 🤦‍♂️

RyanNixon
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_2274.jpeg

Ghostnthemachin
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC - what version of firmware should we be looking for?

estabya
Aspirant
Aspirant
My doorbell received update 1.8.0.0_4_4a16fed_758744c about a week ago but is not showing up in HomeKit. It’s connected through a VMB 4000 base which I have successfully added to HomeKit. I’ve reset the base and camera a couple times and re-added the base to HomeKit, but no doorbell cam. @JamesC please advise.
BossSnapper5
Aspirant
Aspirant
After waiting endlessly for an update from this company to make it work, I gave up and bought an Aqara G4 wireless doorbell that is fully compatible with HKSV. Worked like a charm straight out of the box.
Aurorus2014
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for heads up with Aqara doorbell. Does it have outdoor camera’s too. Can’t seem to find it on a quick google. If it does, I’m ripping my Arlo system out and returning it to Bunnings here in Sydney. Too much work for a bloody doorbell.
Aurorus2014
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for heads up with Aqara doorbell. Does it have outdoor camera’s too. Can’t seem to find it on a quick google. If it does, I’m ripping my Arlo system out and returning it to Bunnings here in Sydney. Too much work for a doorbell.
Wgwifi
Guide
Guide
In the new version of the app that has on the bottom , “dashboard” “feed” “emergency” “devices” “routines” I cannot even find the HomeKit settings , it used to be in the Base station settings , but now I can’t don’t even see HomeKit anywhere in the Arlo App. My doorbell is now on the 1.8.0.0_4 and now what ? where do you see the HomeKit option in the app even ?
DHLA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know the status of this? Does it work now with Apple Homekit?

If I choose the Danish Arlo webpage shop then there is a Homekit logo. But not if I chose EU

Capture.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wgwifi wrote:
In the new version of the app that has on the bottom , “dashboard” “feed” “emergency” “devices” “routines” I cannot even find the HomeKit settings ,

See https://kb.arlo.com/000063184

PissedOffArlo
Tutor
Tutor

My doorbell got the latest firmware, but my hub doesn’t.

The firmware for the hub was supposed to be released December 6 2023, now it’s march 7 2024.

BossSnapper5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sell it and buy an Aqara G4. Got £50 for mine and the Aqara is currently £95. No subscription required either. And it just works. 

PissedOffArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Why isn’t @JamesC responding anymore?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

NZMJP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - this issue was first logged in December 2019 - 4+ years for a solution for Arlo Doorbells integrating with HomeKit so far ……

Wgwifi
Guide
Guide

So I can confirm my wire free doorbell AVD2001 doorbell updated to the 1.8.0.0 firmware. However , my VMB4000r3 base station is on 1.12.1.0 firmware and not the mentioned 1.23.0.0_ in Arlo release notes that says released December 6th 2023 .  So we haven’t heard how will the HomeKit integration even work for the AVD2001 doorbell since the doorbell doesn’t connect to the base station and is connected to the wireless network not the base station. ? As far as I’m aware of there is only the HomeKit option on the base station settings.        Also how will we know it’s available? Will every user need to have arlo send a request token to re add all devices to HomeKit or how will we add the doorbell ? Some things aren’t being said and your wording is as vague as ever. We need transparency here .

RyanNixon
Aspirant
Aspirant

4 weeks later - any update?