Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ERKK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I needed to remove and add again my Arlo Doorbell to Base Station (motion sensor was acting funny) but during the setup of the doorbell it flashes white for a second after I insert the battery and afterwards nothing. No light turns on when I press the button and nothing happens when I try to do Factory Reset. 

This means I can’t complete the setup as I need the doorbell to be flashing white. 

It’s weird because it was working before I removed the device from the Base Station. It’s like the battery is dead even though it is fully charged. 

Any advice? 

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Mpetri93
Aspirant
Aspirant

Funny…. I have same issue.

device came offline and would not reconnect. I deleted the device from app and now I have same issue. Button leds flash white once. Then nothing. 

ERKK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, any luck? I tried everything. Left it charge all night and no luck. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

ERKK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Waiting on a new battery as that might be the issue. Issue is Parcel Force have attempted delivery twice which I confirmed with Parcel Force this was a lie (delivery driver never attempted - which they agree) so will have to wait till Monday or whenever the delivery driver feels like doing their job. 

818nto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, battery charges fine when removed and plugged but door bell appears to be bricked after being installed and working for less than one week. Door bell won't respond after reinstalling the battery after charging, will not connect to the base station, and since it won't respond I can't attempt to re-add it to the base station. 

How do I reach out to customer service/Support? All of the contact options in the mobile app and the chat here appears to be useless for me, saying I do not qualify for support/help despite my doorbell purchase being less than a couple weeks old, and not giving me any follow-up or alternate means to get help/contact.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@818nto wrote:

How do I reach out to customer service/Support? 

I am guessing you don't have a subscription.

You should be able to get a warranty replacement w/o one, but there can be a lot of friction.  I'm tagging the mods @JamesC and @ShayneS ), so they can hopefully assist you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you able to reach out to support via these steps?  "You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support."

818nto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I was able to reach support and get a case started. Thank you. However, the help on the case has been slow/not very helpful so far. They've basically told me to create the battery, reset the device, and re-add it. All of which didn't initially work no matter what I tried until suddenly it randomly did (I didn't do anything different just keep repeating the same steps over a couple days). Then it worked after installation for 1-2days before the exact same issue happened again and no longer works, nor responds to battery charging (light turns green) and attempts to reset the device.

I'm very confident at this stage I was sold a defective product, and have asked for a warranty replacement on my open case this week, but I'm still waiting for a reply. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation