Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD2001 Wireless video doorbell problematic

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WaldoK
Aspirant
Aspirant

This was a gift. But it is a gift that keeps on taking...a lot of my time to keep going!! This last go around was Arlo Secure App was reporting that the device was disabled and to turn it on in device setting to enable it.  There is no option for turning  doorbells on in the app device settings!  I followed the advice from others in the community by updating the app and restarting my phone(fail!). I pulled the battery and reinstalled it(fail!). I removed the device and added it back in.  This worked after the third attempt.  The process is time consuming and not very robust.  Not only that, but I read that others that have done this claim that sometimes they have the same issue the next day.  Putting an End of Life Notice on the support page does not improve my confidence in the product. One very successful semiconductor company I worked for had an undisclosed motto: If we can't get it right, turn off the lights and go home.  It may be time for this product!

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @WaldoK 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. There have been reports on this symptom. I have notified the team and I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@WaldoK Do you happen to be utilizing SmartThings? 

WaldoK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have the SmartThings App installed on the same phone that Arlo secure. When I open it it offers to control my Arlo device.  I agree and enter my Arlo account info. A progress widget appears, SmartThings then asks for data access. I allow and am asked to log into my Arlo account. I enter my login info, get a code and enter that and get the same SmartThings asking for data access.  Round and round she goes and IT NEVER STOPS!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation