Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell 2nd Motion and Detection

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
eguerbox
Tutor
Tutor

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Doorbell 2nd Gen Model AVD4001Aer1.3, and the motion detection is worse than the previous doorbell. You have to be really close to the doorbell and sometimes it misses by a lot.

I already tried to setup detection zones and the motion detection is set to 100, and did unpair from the account and set it up again. Nothing works.

Also the power is not an issue since is connected to all the time. The wifi is also stable I have a orbi system and all my other cameras work fine.

Please let me know if anyone is having the same issues and if Arlo is working on a fix or if they are aware of this issue.

My current Firmware is 1.2.1_435_abb9732

4 REPLIES 4
eguerbox
Tutor
Tutor

Picture2.jpg

For perspective see the picture. The 2nd Gen Doorbell only detects the up to the black lines

The old doorbell detects up to the driveway door and the whole driveway.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The 2nd gen motion detection range is spec'd to be a bit shorter than the previous models.

There are pluses and minuses to that.  Lots of folks with the AVD2001 complained that street traffic was draining their batteries.

eguerbox
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the clarification regarding this issue and the link provided with the distance detection. Very helpful.

I think I will be returning the 2nd gen. I think is no worth the upgrade for a little bit of video quality and worse range and a motion detection.

Mizzoutrumpet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes! Been searching for similar stories to mine. New customer. 2nd gen was my first Arlo. Even at 100 lvl detection, it’s barely getting past 5 feet. Wi-Fi is fine. Power is fine. Did the reset. Just not good.