Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App Add device > Arlo Video Doorbell 2K (2nd Generation) has no smart hub VMB4000r3 option

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ech0
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've read that the new Arlo Video Doorbell 2K (2nd Generation) is compatible with the Smart hub VMB4000r3. 

When I add the Arlo Video Doorbell 2K (2nd Generation) device through the app, I'm never given the option to select the smart hub. It only allows me to connect to the network. 

I've done all firmware updates, removed devices and tried to add again but no luck. 

Smart hub firmware:  1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Hook up type: wired

Arlo Video Doorbell 2K firmware: 1.4.2_720_d572335

Hardware: AVD4001Aer1.3

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ech0 wrote:

I've read that the new Arlo Video Doorbell 2K (2nd Generation) is compatible with the Smart hub VMB4000r3. 

Where did you read that?  None of the Gen 2 cameras can be paired to a hub.  Arlo has said they will add the feature, but they haven't said when.

ech0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Right! You are 100% correct. This post is referring to the "Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell". 

So users are required to purchase the subscription plan? That's lame!

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Doorbell-Won-t-Connect-to-Base-Station-or-Wireless...

ech0
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I'm going to return the Gen 2 and get the older one so I can use it on the smart hub.