Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Won’t stream in 2k

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TheBear01
Aspirant
Aspirant

this is for the floodlight. Says it can stream in 2k when connected to my home network. Well the base station is connected with a Ethernet cable and I still can’t stream in 2k. My other cameras can no problem. 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheBear01 wrote:

this is for the floodlight. Says it can stream in 2k when connected to my home network. Well the base station is connected with a Ethernet cable and I still can’t stream in 2k. My other cameras can no problem. 

Did you check that 2K livestreaming was enabled in the camera settings?

TheBear01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea one of the first things I did when I got it was turn that on. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheBear01 wrote:

Yea one of the first things I did when I got it was turn that on. 

Ok.  Are you getting 2K recordings?

TheBear01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don’t think so. How do I check if it’s 2k? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheBear01 wrote:

Don’t think so. How do I check if it’s 2k? 

Download it to a PC.  With Windows you can right-click on the download, select properties, and then details.  Look at frame width (should be 2560 for 2K) and frame height (should be 1440 for 2K).

I think there are some issues with incorrect badges at the moment, so it's good to check the actual resolution.

Note that if you have auto zoom & tracking enabled, you will end up getting 1080p recordings.

TheBear01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok yea they’re recorded in 2k I just can’t live stream in 2k for some reason. Base station and camera have the latest update 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation