Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra is being returned

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
M40eaves
Follower
Follower
I got the Ultra system as a Christmas present for my husband. For the past few weeks I have been reading all of the problems re: firmware. That’s it. I am taking from under the tree and shipping it back tomorrow. How can you release stuff that doesn’t work AND then not fix it after so many people are reporting the same issues? No rollback? Are you crazy? Thankfully I am still in the 30 days window.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

M40eaves,

Fixes are being released for the recently reported issues. This morning an update went out for the SmartHub resolving the crash issue some customers experienced resulting in the SmartHub dropping offline. More fixes for the reported Ultra camera issues are on the way. I encourage you to wait for these to be released as they will be available inside your 30 day window.

JamesC

5pear
Guide
Guide

I am wanting to return my Ultra kit as well. The fact that these cameras continue to record audio when set to a mode that is not supposed to be recording audio, shows that the camera cannot even conduct a basic function. This drains the battery of the camera when audio is being recorded every minute. Extremely disappointing and I regret buying this product. I've wasted so much time trying to troubleshoot to get this system to work.

There is a whole thread on this topic here: 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Arlo-Ultra-recording-audio-despite-audio-being-switched-off...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation