Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Soft Glass on Lens

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Be very careful with the Ultra's.  I bought a 2 camera kit and found out the hard way that the lens's are very soft and scratch easy.  Like bumping it against the backsplash as you hook a charger to it easy to scratch.  But customer support tells me saphire glass is too expensive for these cameras. 

I also discovered that an authorized retailer list is impossible to find on the Arlo website and customer support cannot furnish it either when requested and the best thing to do is contact them before you purchase, or so I was told.   I do appreciate the 12 days and 3 phone calls to determine if Arlo would work with me on my issue.  It turns out they won't.  I was just hoping they'd meet me in the middle, offer me a lower cost refurb, repair it, basically anything other than going back to the retail channel.  Oh well, caulk it up to lesson learned and one I will remember it as I'm buying new cameras to replace the ones I just bought.  

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would guess the lens is plastic, not glass.... tks for the warning

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Could be plastic but it felt like glass to me.  Couple that with a lens that protrudes from the body of the device and it's an invitation for disaster.  I'm not sure if Arlo and AT&T are having a competition regarding customer support and marketing strategies but it sure felt like it. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation