Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SmartHub will reboot in schedule mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TomTomLA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

since a couple of weeks I noticed that, when my SmartHub was switching from Armed mode to schedule mode, it will start rebooting every 5 minutes more or less.

When I say reboot, I will first see the cameras and the SmartHub being offline in the App (iOS or Android) but the SmartHub led will remain blue for a couple of minutes, then will turn off and will follow the sequence as if you were rebooting the base by yourself.

My Schedule mode is made from Armed mode from 7.30am to 5.30pm and switch to a custom mode from 5.30pm to 7.30am.

The custom mode will make that if camera 1 detects a movement it will record but will also trigger camera 2 and Arlo light. Same if camera 2 or Arlo light detect something, they will trigger other devices.

Something very classic which has been working for months until a couple of weeks ago.

I, of course, tried to reboot the base then I reset it, reconnect the cameras and  recreate my custom modes. Same issue. As soon l activate my schedule mode and that  it will switch from armed mode to my custom mode the SmartHub will reboot every few minutes 

Any idea Arlo?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice

It actually has nothing to do with your schedule. Ever since Arlo pushed a new base station firmware update on December 2nd, everyone's Ultra base station has been rebooting or disconnecting and eventually reconnecting consistently... It's something they at least now recognize as a wide spread problem, but there is no fix yet.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for the SmartHub crash was released early this morning. Take a look at the release notes here and let us know if you still are experiencing this issue: Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

JamesC

TomTomLA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks JamesC

I'll let you know if I still have issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation