Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Reset time

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is there a trigger reset time on these cams? I ask because I e seen several times now recording of a vehicle or person moving. Object stops and the video will then stop recording. The object will then move again within a few seconds and I will have no recording of that. I'm tempted to change from "record until activity stops" to a fixed time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's typically a 5-10 second reset time. The issue with "record until motion stops" that many folks don't seem to grasp is that if the motion can't be detected by the camera recording will stop (~5 seconds after the loss of detection based on my testing quite some time ago). If the object resumes motion that can be detected by the camera, the recording will start again after that reset period is finished. For that reason, use of timed recordings may well be the better choice. You can test this on your own by moving like a previous subject did as well as checking the distance from the camera and sensitivity setting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's typically a 5-10 second reset time. The issue with "record until motion stops" that many folks don't seem to grasp is that if the motion can't be detected by the camera recording will stop (~5 seconds after the loss of detection based on my testing quite some time ago). If the object resumes motion that can be detected by the camera, the recording will start again after that reset period is finished. For that reason, use of timed recordings may well be the better choice. You can test this on your own by moving like a previous subject did as well as checking the distance from the camera and sensitivity setting.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation