Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification dot

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello

Honestly, the Arlo app will drive me to drink one day. Can the dev team tell me how to get rid of the notification dot, and can they finally do something about it?

I've checked *every* single option in the app, and I've even reset it. What is the point in having a notification dot if after going to the respective menus, it doesn't refer to anything.

10 REPLIES 10
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

By the way, I have set up 'call a friend' and I don't use zones, and that dot is still there: I'm the menu and for every single camera I have. 

Is the manager of the dev team aware of all these issues that get raised on this forum?

I'd rather not have smart detection (person, vehicle etc) as I can tell from the still what it is most of the time, but have a fully functioning app, where all these bugs are eliminated.

Is this that difficult, or the dev team simply don't know how to address these issues?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Plus, it looks like you can't change settings under video settings, as the preview with a green circle is in a loop.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Edinburgh_lad1 

There are a few items we can double check that can cause the orange dot to appear. Here is a list of the following:

Granted access invite that is expired from the grant access page/Unconfirmed grant access users.
Email is not confirmed
Call a friend hasn't been visited
E911 hasn't been visited
Device has a FW update pending
User has a pending engagement for managing Arlo Smart or Package Detection.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @ShayneS 

Thanks very much for your help. I've checked some of the suggestions you made, but the orange dot is still there. 

I don't think we have an option to set up E911 here in the UK, as the emergency number 112. 

I don't know what 'User has a pending engagement for managing Arlo Smart or Package Detection' refers  to - could you clarify.

The orange dot I have points to 'Device Settings', but it's clear to me that in that menu, it's not there. No firmware updates are available either. 

As a general point: as a user, I shouldn't have to play this guessing game whether the cause of the orange dot is this or that. This should be very  clear within the app, and honestly, you guys need to up the game when it comes to the usability of the app and how reliable it is, plus how reliable your firmware updates are. I find it unacceptable and you should be embarrassed as a company that we users request basic functionality and usability after spending so much money on your system.

Is there a way this can be brought to the attention of your CEO, as he clearly doesn't come on this forum to listen what the problems are, as they never seem to be getting addressed? 

Additionally, I can't always change settings in 'Video Settings', for example, I can't switch off 'Auto HDR'. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @ShayneS 

So the notification dot has disappeared for one of my cameras, but without me doing anything in terms of changing anything. I'm not convinced that the notification dot works as it should, but would be keen to hear from other users.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, I'm checking in on this still. 

Jenni007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Customer since 2019... had the issue then, have the issue now! Fix it already! #notahappycustomer

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice

As I said in another post, the notification dot disappeared at some point (after I raised the issue on here), but then I had to reset my audio doorbell, which meant removing it and re-adding it to the account, resulting in the notification dot re-appearing for all cameras. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, this should be resolved in a future App update. I will provide more detail when we get closer to the release. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation