Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No livestream, records 0:00. Tried different battery and removing and re-syncing.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
False
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

As I can see, this question has been asked multiple times, but as not in this year.

My camera can’t show live stream, and only records a movement in a very short video, with a time below 0:00.

I have tried different battery’s, remove and sync again. Tries another base station, let it be without battery some time.
No so many options, with a one button camera.

I have 4 Arlo ultra, and 2 base stations. The second is only for spare. All with newest firmware.

Is it damage, or can a newer firmware do the trick, for only one of the 4 cameras ?

I have checked with the firmware version. They all 4 are on the same version.

Home someone can help here.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by moving a camera closer to the hub to see if that fixes it. If so, it's a signal strength and/or quality issue that has to be resolved by moving the base or finding some wireless device that could be interfering with the signal. You can also try just moving the hub as far away as possible from the router to see if that helps, too.

False
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, and thanks for reply.
Thought I was all covered.

All cameras is on a table, with the hub on the floor. So the signal can’t bee any better.
Also tried to different memory cards. Brand new Samsung pro endurance, made for surveillance. 24/7 read and write.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cards aren't the issue. One thing that may help is to place the cameras in different rooms. Arlo recommends at least 6 feet between cameras so they don't interfere with each other. Move the hub as far away as possible from the router, too.

False
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried. Didn’t solve anything.
After what I can see by other users, the camera is damage. Arlo’s reply was “buy a new one” to them.
Great answer, for a costly product.

Did you have any luck with the attempt you suggested?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the cameras are new, swap the system at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. The store is the faster solution.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation