Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local CVR without subscription Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Brendon74
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have read through a number of posts and can't seem to find an answer, Is it possible to run CVR locally on Ultra's without a CVR plan in the cloud

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brendon74,

You can enable local storage on your SmartHub and receive motion triggered recordings locally, but for a continuous video recording stream (CVR) you would need to subscribe to the CVR service.

Take a look at these articles for more information:

How do I record 4K videos to a microSD card?

What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I get it?

JamesC

Brendon74
Tutor
Tutor
That's a shame will be returning the system. Useless having a system that misses 75% of events. By the time it triggers the person/vehicle is leaving the frame...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brendon74,

The issue you're describing could be due to positioning of the camera. For tips on positioning your camera for best performance, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Brendon74
Tutor
Tutor

James, if only you could fix all the issues with positioning the cameras (which seems  to be the only solution Arlo offers for the ongoing problems). I'm so dissapointed, after all the Ultras offered they just can't deliver on the basics. There is so much potiential in these cameras but a security camera that takes too long to activate and is painfully slow to contect to is useless. The camera will pick up motion and activate the light but not record until it has spoken to a remote server (or whatever the issue is with the UI). I can walk out my front door in front of one of the cameras (within 2m) activate the light, walk 10m to my car, get a nomination as I drive down my street after getting in my car and driving out my drive, reactivation the light/camera and get a recording of me getting in the car nothing for the walk to the car nothing for driving the car out of the drive. t other times I get a recording of e walking out the door all the way to the car and driving out the drive (no change in camera position).

I really like the quality of the vision but it is useless if it doesn't capture events.... I feel I should contact the writiers of the reviews I checked before my purchase and tell them the system does not deliver what they promise...

The only solution I can see at the moment is having the cameras on CVR... but why shoould I pay more because the system is not delivering on what it promises. I brought the system because it was wireless and battery, now I need pay for CVR subscription and wiring for a system thats nearly twice the price of a 4k wired system.

Can anyone at Arlo confirm the problems are being worked on???? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brendon74,

If you're still experiencing issues after reviewing the positioning tips in the KB article posted above, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation