Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is my camera Ultra 1 or Ultra 2?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
andyhjtran
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I just purchased a new house and it came with a few Arlo cameras. It states it's an Arlo Ultra (VMC5040), but I'm not too sure if it's Ultra 1 or Ultra 2. Is there anyway for me to verify which version it is?

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@andyhjtran wrote:

I just purchased a new house and it came with a few Arlo cameras. It states it's an Arlo Ultra (VMC5040), but I'm not too sure if it's Ultra 1 or Ultra 2. Is there anyway for me to verify which version it is?

Try opening the camera and removing the battery.  You should see a part number someplace.

The Ultra 1 is VMC5040-100XXX and the Ultra 2 is VMC5040-200XXX. 

There's really not much difference.  The Ultra-2 can use either 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz to connect to the VMB5000 base - which I don't find valuable myself (and in some cases is a liability).  The Ultra 2 is advertised as having more range, but some folks who upgraded to get that have reported that it they didn't see much difference.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062437/What-is-the-difference-between-the-Arlo-Ultra-2-and-Arlo-Ultra-cameras

dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you have the box? It will say Ultra2 if it is that. The Ultra2 is VMC5040-200NAS. I think the older Ultra is 5040-100NAS. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation