Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IR activation during motion issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
photoflea
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras consistently has an issue with its IR when the camera is armed and senses motion. I've reset it and the base multiple times and the problem returns at random.

I've attached a video. The raccoon set off the motion detection, but as you can see it's dark. You can only see the image after the LED is on. Note that the IR always seems to work without fail if I just connect to the camera, but it's when it triggered by motion that seems to be the problem

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @photoflea

Thank you for the info. Just to be clear, you have removed the camera from Settings . My Devices & re-added it to your Smart Hub?

photoflea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. And then what happens is after some amount of time the issue will return. A motion is detected, and when you view the recording the picture is totally black due to no IR illumination. When the light comes on the picture is fine.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I see, thanks for the info. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation