Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hundreds of recordings on SD card that I was never notified about or are in my Library

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was just looking at my SD card and found there are hundreds of videos that I was never notified about or ever appeared in my Library.

Also, today is January 18 and there are no recording on the card after January 13.

Some days have close to 100 recordings of basically nothing.

WTF arlo!!

This its one issue after another with this POS system that I paid $1000 for!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my money back now!

I'm done with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stewgotz,

Do you use activity zones? Are the recordings you're seeing on local storage outside those activity zones?

JamesC

stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using activity zones. When I look at the videos I don't see any person or motion. In some I've seen movement outside of the zone. For example, the camera sees the driveway nextdoor but my activity zone is not part of that. Should I expect that a person/car outside of the zone would trigger a recording but no notification or cloud storage?

I've that is the case, what is the point of having activity zones?

I think this is a new problem that started the last couple of months, so some new firmware upgrade(or as I like to call it, downgrade) has caused this.

Can Arlo get their **bleep** together and stop causing these issues?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stewgotz,

Activity zones are a cloud based solution. This means whenever motion is detected, that content must be sent to the cloud, analyzed, and then a determination is made for whether or not you should receive a notification and recording in your cloud library. With local storage enabled, this analysis is not done locally, meaning that any motion the camera detects will be recorded and saved locally but may not also be saved on the cloud due to Activity Zones.

JamesC

stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this a new change? If I go back a few months, the recordings are one  to one. So for every recording I see on the local storage, I see a matching recording in my library.

Also, for my indoor camera, I have it set to pickup audio. When I first set this up several months ago, it would record and and send me a notification every time my dog howled or barked. Then over the summer another wonderful firmware update caused and audio recording every few minutes but when you viewed the video, all you heard was a pop at the very beginning and then nothing else.(does this issue sound familiar) They then released another firmware update over a month later to fix that problem and since then I don't get all of the notifications that I should be getting. Instead they are only save to local storage and I'm never notified. I depend on the audio feature to get notification when ever my dog howls  or barks or if one of my smoke or carbon monoxide or water detector goes off.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation