Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to reset Arlo ultra.. the firmware on the camera wouldn't upgrade

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MDZ66
Aspirant
Aspirant
The firmware wouldn't upgrade so I removed the cameras from the hub.. more they will not reconnect even with manually trying to synch.. please help.
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MDZ66,

Low battery or poor signal strength could have been the reason the camera wouldn't update and why it won't sync now. Reboot your SmartHub, attach your Arlo charger to the camera and bring it close (within a few feet) to the SmartHub. Test again to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

MDZ66
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed both cameras from the system rebooted the base station, then manually added them back.
Ardy733
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this same problem. One camera kept dropping it’s connection. Tried to reset entire system, same problem with same camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ardy733,

How far away from the SmartHub is the camera that is having the issue? You could try swapping the location of a camera that is working as expected with the problem camera to test if the issue follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

AzZa2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem with one of my cameras ha repeated the process so many time was there a result to this feed ?
shaunr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the exactly the same issue. Two of the three cameras are fine anywhere in the house. For the third camera is continually drops the connection even when it is right next to the hub. It doesn’t matter how many times I reset and re-add it the system. Can someone please help or do I need to get this camera swapped out ? Thanks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AzZa2017, shaunr

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation