Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware updates in Europe

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Arlo,

What is your progress with talks with Verisure to enable those in Europe to finally have firmware updates for base stations?

It's scandalous that this issue (just like many others) hasn't been resolved for such a long period of time (months) yet.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edinburgh_lad1,

I do not have any information on when new firmware updates will be made available for EU customers. I encourage you to reach out to EU support via the Arlo Secure mobile app for more information.

JamesC

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Great to see that finally firmware updated have reached these shores. My base station's  firmware has recently been updated to 1.20.6.0_1385_24cf271. While there has been one more update available today, let's hope that the hardware will now benefit from regular updates. 

Access to the direct storage is faster in comparison to the version of firmware from 11 months ago, but I'd still like to see some improvements: 

- when accessing videos on direct storage, swiping left views videos forward in time, whereas swiping right back   in time. It should be the other way round.

- the colour of some icons is still inconsistent, with the 4k icon being grey, whereas the others being bright white (it's a  minor issue)

Let's hope the storage message being broken and Arlo working on it has been fixed. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation