Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Field of View keeps reverting back to previous settings

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does my field of view keep changing back to its previous setting? I go into the app and change the field of view setting to "Wide 155 degrees" which provides the view in picture 1. However, later when I go back into the app the camera has reverted to the "Super wide 180" view in picture 2. 

https://imgur.com/a/A4L6kQG

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

Why does my field of view keep changing back to its previous setting? I go into the app and change the field of view setting to "Wide 155 degrees" which provides the view in picture 1. However, later when I go back into the app the camera has reverted to the "Super wide 180" view in picture 2. 

https://imgur.com/a/A4L6kQG

Are these labeled backwards?  Looking at the two pictures, the bottom picture has the smaller field of view. 

When you say "the camera reverted..." - are you looking just at the picture?  Or are you also seeing the radio button change from 155 to 180?

Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you for responding. They are not labeled backwards, which adds to the confusion. for the past year or so I have had the field of view setting on 180 because I thought it should provide the widest FOV. A few days ago while adjusting my activity zones I changed the FOV just because it had been a while since I messed with the settings. To my surprise when I changed it to the 155 FOV I got a wider view than the 180. When I am at the FOV selection tab in the app the preview looks basically the same for all 3 views so I have to back out, go live and see what view the selection is actually providing.

I am looking at the picture (live view) and that is what changes back to how I had it for the past year, not the wider view in the pictures provided. The selection in the FOV settings is not changing, just the actual image is changing. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

for the past year or so I have had the field of view setting on 180 because I thought it should provide the widest FOV.

It does give the widest FOV.  If that's not the case with your camera, then something is wrong.

Have you tried removing/reinserting the battery?

Is auto zoom & tracking enabled for this camera?  If so, try disabling that.

Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not tried the battery. the camera has constant power.  tracking and zoom is not enabled. I have reset the base station. I am going to link a video so you can see exactly what is going on in the app. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y8FzoBfKFXutRsX4qD-i5vaiqtlKn2tU/view?usp=sharing

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

I have not tried the battery. the camera has constant power.  

The idea is to reboot the camera.  So disconnect the power, and remove/reinsert the battery.  Then connect power again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be aware that the preview sometimes (many times?) doesn't reset properly when changing the FOV. I go back a page and then go back into the original page to force a new image. Of course, any recorded videos should reflect the change you made.

Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

windchill is around 20 degrees right now and I dont feel like going out there and getting on a ladder lol. I will try that this afternoon. I did delete and re configure my activity zone and that seems to have fixed the problem. I have the FOV set at 180 degrees and the camera image has remained constant for the past hour. Before deleting the zones the image would have changed to a different FOV.

https://imgur.com/DpJuWpB

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

windchill is around 20 degrees right now and I dont feel like going out there and getting on a ladder lol. I will try that this afternoon. I did delete and re configure my activity zone and that seems to have fixed the problem. I have the FOV set at 180 degrees and the camera image has remained constant for the past hour.

If it looks right now, then I'd leave well enough alone.  Wait and see if it reverts to the bad behavior.  Then after a while, try recreating the activity zones.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation