Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does Ultra Base Station and Camera *require* a subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey everyone!  I currently have an Arlo Pro base station wth a mix of Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, and doorbell/chime (also lights connected to the light bridge). I also have the "grandfathered" FREE 7 day recording plan for my 5 cameras.

My question: if I decide to get the Ultra base station AND replace only one of my older cameras with an Ultra (so, still a total of 5 cameras) AND I don't opt in to the free 1-year subscription (if that's even possible) - THEN will I still have the free 7 day recording plan for all 5 cameras, or will it be applicable to only the 4 non-Ultra cameras? 

Follow-up question: with the Ultra Pro base station as the "primary controlller" can I still have the Arlo Pro Base Station in the ecosystem to use as an alarm?  If so, would it need to be connected via ethernet?

Thanks everyone!  I tried my best to find these answers in the discussion forums and wasn't able to.  I hope these questions/answers will be helpful for others as well.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jish,

The Ultra camera would require a subscription to record content to the cloud. Otherwise, the remaining 4 Pro cameras would all still store content to the cloud for a rolling 7 day period.

You can utilize as many base stations/SmartHubs on your account as needed. Each of these would require an ethernet connection.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation