Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Choosing to go the no plan way, and issues encountered

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, having exhausted my 12 months of free camera plan, with 4K local and 1080p cloud recordings, in June this year, I signed up for the Premier plan for 5 cameras. Mysteriously enough, this only gave me 2K recordings, both cloudwise and locally. Read up on some rather strange arguments for why this was so.

The plan was to go for a 4K single camera plan now, but sure enough, Arlo has yet again changed their plans. Now there is no choice for a single camera, only 2K. I presume this locks my local recordings to 2K as well.

So I went completely AWOL, and cancelled the Premier plan, and now run a Arlo Ultra set up with no plan. I get 4K recordings locally, 4K stream on wifi. I can access the Smart Hub via VPN when away from home.

So, so far, so good. I thought.

Because you are not making this easy Arlo people. I get annoying messages about how much more easy life is with an Arlo plan, if not every time, quite often when checking local recordings.

The camera thumbnails in app disappears every so often. The app is continually tagged with 1 new recording, even though I have checked the lastest ones.

I understand that you are running a business, and want to make more money, beyond what we pay for the expensive cameras initally. Having been an loyal Arlo customer since the original model, through Pro 2 and now with a Ultra setup, I feel that I have payed my dues, and deserve a somewhat troublefree / stable setup, even when not choosing to sign up for a plan.

So I would really appreciate f you can make this happen. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation