Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can''t see my video feeds. I keep getting taken to a page with Arlo Secure and Arlo Safe.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Ranger12345
Initiate
Initiate

Keep getting taken to a blank white page with "Arlo Safe" and "Arlo Secure" options.

Can't get to the video feed page.

And there is no tech support at Arlo.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you talking about the app?  Or my.arlo.com in a browser?

Are you seeing the devices, but not the library/feed?

Do you have a subscription for the cameras?  If not, are you using local storage?

Ranger12345
Initiate
Initiate

-No app. 

-Using a PC.

-I DO have a subscription.

I figured out one problem.  You can't sign into the regular website.  I have to go to "myarlo".  And then erase everything in the search-bar after the myarlo.  So all of the "/account/v4/#/login"  etc etc etc.

That gets me into the page I need.

But now, (last week or two)  it tells me that it can't play videos in my browser (I've tried 2 different browsers).  And that I need to download each video to watch it.  But there doesn't seem to be any way to download them.

So all I can see now is the thumbnails of first frame of each video.  And if I try to even click on them to make the thumbnail bigger, it shades it with the unable to play message.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ranger12345 wrote:

But now, (last week or two)  it tells me that it can't play videos in my browser (I've tried 2 different browsers).  And that I need to download each video to watch it.  But there doesn't seem to be any way to download them.

Arlo's 2K and 4K videos use HEVC compression.  Chrome will play that on a PC that has hardware acceleration for HEVC (6th gen processor or later).  Edge will play them, but you might need to purchase the Microsoft HEVC windows extension  ($0.99).  Firefox won't play them at all.

You can test browser playback using this site:

Don't click on the "use our default", just click on the play icon in the middle of the video window.  If you see the trailer, then the browser supports HEVC playback. 

@Ranger12345 wrote:

-No app. 

-Using a PC.

-I DO have a subscription.

I figured out one problem.  You can't sign into the regular website.  I have to go to "myarlo". 

Yes, you need to use my.arlo.com.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation