Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
milwaukeith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having issues when downloading all videos through my.arlo.com.  I select all>download, and an often random amount of videos will download and the others just won't. If I empty my download folder and try again, a different amount of videos will download, but still not all of them. (e.g. there were 40 videos captured on a particular day, but 24 will download. I try again and maybe 18 will download)  This happens with Chrome, with Internet Explorer, and with Microsoft Edge.

I reached out to customer support, got kicked around for more than a week, and they never fully resolved this. It seemed to have resolved itself for a few days but then it happened again. This has been going on for more than 4 months. The best they were able to suggest was clearing my cache, which did not resolve the issue.

Has anyone else had this issue and have a resolution?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At least for Chrome (and, I assume, Edge, since it uses the same code base as Chrome) you have to allow multiple downloads. It sounds like you have since you get some but not all videos selected. When you try to download all, do you get an alert icon to the left of the URL (I think that's what happens)? Try this:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062212/Why-can-t-I-download-multiple-videos-at-once-from-the-Arlo-library

milwaukeith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I've enabled popups from my.arlo.com. Have also tried enabling all popups. That has not changed anything.

For further example, there are 37 videos on a particular day. I select all and clock download. 15 of them end up in my downloads folder. I select all and click download again. 10 of them download, 9 are duplicates. Click download again. 10 of them download, 9 are duplicates, etc. etc.

This leads me to believe the issue is with the coding of the actual website allowing downloads, but I can't find record of others having the exact same problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried it here and all videos were downloaded fine (Chrome) in one fell swoop. Have you tried a different computer? You could use a mobil browser when set to use the desktop version of the site.

milwaukeith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried three different computers and three different browsers on each, with the same results.  I have been using my.arlo.com - I did not think there was an Arlo desktop app for PCs.  Not sure what you mean by a mobil browser.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@milwaukeith wrote:

Not sure what you mean by a mobil browser.

mobile browser - i.e. the browser on a smartphone or tablet.

milwaukeith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, yes. It actually works just fine on the Arlo app, actually. However, that's not really an option since I'm trying to archive all of the daily videos.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The idea is to troubleshoot whether it's an issue with the computer and/or browser. If you use your mobile browser (NOT the app) to go to my.arlo.com and set the browser to use the desktop version of the site (you do this in the browser menu), can you download all videos selected without problems? If so, something about your computer and/or browser is the problem.

DeArlo
Star
Star
Yes, I have encountered similar issues as you have described with the aforementioned browsers. I usually have 500-700 clips per day. Unfortunately, Chromium type browsers that I have tried (Chrome, MS Edge, Vivaldi, Opera, Brave, Torch) tend to fail to download the selected clips. For example, if I selected (all) clips for the day, say 455 clips, it would successfully download about 376 clips and who knows what happened to the rest. I’ve only had success downloading ALL 455 clips via FireFox, it’s slower but has been far more reliable.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation