Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra will always record for 5 minutes every time

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor

Hello just wanted to let you know of some of the problems I've had.

My arlo ultra has been up 3 days now, started off took a while to get set up and connected but got there in the end, set my zone up fine and would record motion fine for the first day and record what was needed say someone walking past you will have an 8 second recording. But now when ever it picks something up it will always record for 5 minutes every time.
Checked settings rebooted a number of times still the same?

And I've noticed if you set up your zones. if you view in 4k or record to an sd card it will zoom the picture in to left corner and throw the zone you have set out and record things you dont want recorded, so them options are pointless

Gavin

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that under modes for each camera that you have selected either record for for a fixed length of time or record until activity stops (300 seconds=5 minutes)

Don't forget to save after this.

On the video settings for the cameras it sounds like you may have auto zoom and tracking enabled. Try and disable that and see if you get better results.

Gavin_b
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the reply

I only have the one camera and it's set for until activity stops and saved it, also auto tracking is off so is 4k and record to sd card because it wont let me save the motionzone

Thanks gavin
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If it's set to record until activity stops then you may get 300 second recordings if there is a lot of activity caused by people, cars, tress blowing etc.

Try and set it to a fixed length to see if there is a length of time that suits your application.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation