Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
asuka55
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently purchased Arlo Ultra ( not the ultra 2 ) I got 4 cameras and the Vmb500 hub. As of now, I'm not too happy because the video lag is between 5-20 second delay. I have strong Wifi, I have wifi extenders, placed the smart hub in an area where all 4 cameras can be reached. Yet the lag is still there. I don't get notified at times when people enter my motion areas either. ( Yes smart hub software is updated to the latest.)

I went with the Ultra because I saw a good deal ( I understand why now )
as well it had 4k video recording and I could back up my recording through the smart hub via MSD

But after a week with the cameras, I feel like they are not doing their jobs.

Should I return them and go for the Arlo Pro 4 and just pay the $2.99 monthly fee?
Are the Arlo Pro 4 better through their Wifi? If anyone with experience of the Pro 4 can give me their experience. That'd be appreciative.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's actually possible that your "strong WiFi" is interfering with the hub's connection to the cameras. Try moving the hub away from the router as much as practical or consider connecting the hub to one of the extenders. This isn't a fault of the hub and/or cameras but your environment.

The Pro 4 can connect directly to your WiFi which may be useful but try the above first. BTW, both the Ultras and Pro4 (actually any camera newer than the Pro 2) all require subscriptions for cloud recordings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd try rebooting the router and extenders first, and see if that makes any difference in the lag.

asuka55
Aspirant
Aspirant

my issue has been solved...

Wobblywubz
Aspirant
Aspirant

How were you able to resolve the issue? I am having the same issue with my Pro 4 cameras 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you are still having the same experience, reach out to support. To access the Support Center:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure app.
  2. Tap Settings > Support.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation