Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra loss of range

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Hello,

One of my Ultra cameras ( only 2 years old) has been working perfectly for that time. It is situated no more than 4 metres ( 12ft) from a base station.  Suddenly this morning there is a serious loss of range.  It has been on a concrete wall just outside the room with the base station for the two years. Yet now it has to be inside the house to work.  The indicators show a good strength signal both inside and outside

The inside of the case is perfectly dry so I do not consider water ingress an inssue.

Any suggestions?

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

10 minutes is overkill - 2 minutes is generally sufficient. I just watch the WiFi on my phone or computer to reconnect and the LED on the hub to finally go solid blue.

Has another wireless device been placed near either the hub or camera that could be causing interference?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It could be caused by a number of reasons, wifi interface, a faulty Base station, faulty camera.

If you have another camera that’s working, try swapping camera locations.

Power cycling the local router modem first, then the Base station waiting 10mins for each to reboot.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

10 minutes is overkill - 2 minutes is generally sufficient. I just watch the WiFi on my phone or computer to reconnect and the LED on the hub to finally go solid blue.

Has another wireless device been placed near either the hub or camera that could be causing interference?

Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Thank you.  I have been experimenting.  The camera has operated flawlessly for almost two years without being touched.  Maybe it just required a hard reboot. Which I did and the fault eventually cleared. I am now also tryinging Split Tunneling the system on the VPN.  The latter brings on a faster connection time.

Thanks again to all

Andrew

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation