Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra keep disconnecting and impossible to add it back

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I saw several posts with the same questions as mine, but never find a correct answer.
It's been a while that I have my 4 Arlo Ultra 1 at home, and they worked fine until a week.
I mean, 3 of them still works perfectly fine, but one camera is "broken" I would say.

I ran out of battery and then impossible to add it back to the HUB for a while, now it's back, but keeps disconnecting. 

Here what I already did:

• Reset (15 seconds on the Sync button) which didn't worked, the LEDs kept blinking blue but not able to find it in the app
  • Moved the camera near the HUB (3 meters without any interference), Tried to reset again but still nothing on the app.
  • Waited that battery drained again and then was able to reset it and add it back to the HUB.
    • The battery was 5% when adding it, so after it was up & running again, I charged it.
    • Since then it was connected to the app for an hour MAX and since then it appears offline on the app
  • Impossible since then to reset it, pressing 15 seconds doesn't do anything, normal sync press doesn't do anything. Only thing is that the blue LED keep blinking 3 times, then nothing for 10sec, then blink once and then cycle repeat.

Therefore my camera is not usable, I don't know why, and it's apparently impossible to open a case at Arlo as well, was never able to find a link where I can open a case without the page changing the language (from English to German as I am in Switzerland, but I don't speak or read German)

Oh and by the way:

Same network for everything (HUB, Phone, Cameras), no interference between the HUB and the "broken" camera, all the 3 other cameras works perfectly fine.

If someone was able to find a solution, or a way to get a replacement, feel free to share 🙂

Cheers,

V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS  and @StephenB ,

First of all, I would like to thank you both for your help !

I was able to have the case open and finally everything is sorted out.

It was my camera that was defect, so I had a replacement.

Cheers again for your help, you guys rocks !

Valentin

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mercierv wrote:

it's apparently impossible to open a case at Arlo as well,

If you have a subscription, then go into the support area of the app.  Select one of the cameras, and then scroll down to the contacts section.  You will see support options there (including phone support if you have a subscription).

Unfortunately you can't get phone support this way if you don't have any subscribed cameras onboarded - in that case, the mods here can escalate a case for you.

@mercierv wrote:

was never able to find a link where I can open a case without the page changing the language (from English to German as I am in Switzerland, but I don't speak or read German)

This is with the browser's preferred language set to English? 

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a subscription, but no link into the support part of the app. Only two links: one for the community and one the a support page that doesn't show any way of opening a case.

And yeah, even with the browser preferred language setup as English. And as soon as I login into the website, it changed to Country Switzerland (Deutsch) the're is no option to even change the language other than moving the country to France and then I can't login apparently.

It's really getting annoying to have our hands on them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mercierv wrote:

I have a subscription, but no link into the support part of the app. Only two links: one for the community and one the a support page that doesn't show any way of opening a case.

Are you using my.arlo.com?  Or the Android or iOS app?  You need the app for this, the browser won't get you there.

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I know the website won't get me there, I'm doing it throught the iOs App.

This is what I have in my phone, I can't even select my camera.

iOs.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mercierv wrote:

Yeah I know the website won't get me there, I'm doing it throught the iOs App.

This is what I have in my phone, I can't even select my camera.

iOs.jpg

Support is not under help in the iOS (and I'm not actually seeing "help" as a choice there).  What app version are you using?

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

This page shows under Settings --> Support
I am using the 3.7.1 version from 4th of Oct 2022

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mercierv wrote:

This page shows under Settings --> Support
I am using the 3.7.1 version from 4th of Oct 2022

That wasn't what I saw there (past tense because the 3.8 app update happened this morning).

Do you have any cameras onboarded?

Was the account created when you were in a country where Arlo offers subscriptions?

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve got 4 cameras onboarded, incl. the one that’s not working (Terrasse). 

and I’ve created the account when I bought them, in Switzerland. Never moved.  

40623DD5-75FE-4899-AB24-4D105F271DE3.png

And I’ve updated the app, and still while clicking under Settings —> support, same result as before. 

FA725790-F161-4073-92BE-2F5956C2B82A.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Grant Access says one camera is shared with another account.  Is that Terrasse?

On the support issue - I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can help sort out what is going on.  I see a list of cameras when I select settings->support, and that should also be the case in Switzerland.

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah all of them are shared actually. 

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've unshared all the cameras and everything and the behaviour is still the same.

@StephenB  Do you know how I could solve this point or give me the contact of the support where I can actually open a case?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mercierv wrote:

@StephenB  Do you know how I could solve this point or give me the contact of the support where I can actually open a case?

I don't work for Arlo, so I don't have any special access to support.

I'm tagging the mods - again! - ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to see if they can help.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey mercierv,

I have escalated this for you and someone from the support team should be reaching out as soon as possible. 

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help, let’s see when they’ll reach out then 🙂 

Cheers to both of you ! 

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi @ShayneS do you know if they’ve look into it already? Still didn’t received any news as of now. 
it’s a bit a shame for a hundreds dollars camera not working and not being able to open a case 😞 

mercierv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS  and @StephenB ,

First of all, I would like to thank you both for your help !

I was able to have the case open and finally everything is sorted out.

It was my camera that was defect, so I had a replacement.

Cheers again for your help, you guys rocks !

Valentin

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome!

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation