Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra app on phone or on PC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ECMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

all seems to work fine , but I do have two questions,

1- i am using now the Arlo App on my Iphone, but can i also downlaod the Appc for PC, and will i be able to select which one to use .

2- to run the App the iphone has to be connected to the same WiFi network as the camera.

does this mean that it is not possible to view the camera or to get motion messages when being away from home and connected to an other WiFi network

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@ECMT,

On your PC it will not be an app, but it will be a web page. I believe it is myarlo.com, (I came over  from Netgear so my login page is different from that). You can not log in to both at the same time, but you can decide which to use, (if you are using your mobile app, log in to the app. If you are using the PC then log in at the web page).

You can use either no matter where in the world you are, but for setup purposes, the mobile device and the devices must be on the same network.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On PC, here it's  https://arlo.netgear.com

But this will change soon as Arlo fully separates from Netgear, now they are two companies.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ECMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your fast reply ,

Regarding the switch from netgear to Arlo Ultra , I assume we will get a message when this will happen and in case this network link will also change, the new link.

So far all work fine , but still two more questions,

• Color night vision, it looks that this is only possible when also the spotlight is activated
  • ZOOM function ; this is activated , but is not enough special when looking with a iPhon             Is there a possibility to stop the video at any time and to do a manual zooming for that particular picture . that would be very helpful for checking details

Side question, this for an other application,

What is the best camera with base for just having a picture when someone does appear on the front door , or entry port of a garden .   so just a detailed picture or video is needed showing the person appearing in front of the door.  Eventually with speaker option.   ( a doorbell itself is not needed, just the camera

Again thanks for the good support

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ECMT,

To log in to your account on a PC, you can use my.arlo.com

1.) Arlo Ultra uses the spotlight for color night vision. 

2.) It sounds like you might want to download the video and then manipulate it from there with a video player. Many users use VLC player to do this.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation