Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra and Pro3 cameras not giving live view

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mister_Vic_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Ulta and Pro3 cameras connect show they have strong signal yet will not allow for a live view when clicking “play” need help 

now the story behind both of these cameras 

they stopped working 600 days ago shortly after I put in a request with support after the long back and forth and going through EVERYTHING I was told to do the agent determined the cameras were defective 

well a couple of days ago I randomly put batteries in both just to see what would happen and they turned on and I connected them to my base 

so I factory reset the base and re added all of the cameras (8 around my property) again late at night 

reconnected the two cameras that have been sitting for a very long time and still nothing 

it shows they both have a strong signal they both even react when motion is detected yet still no live view 

Instead it shows the last image they captured almost 2 years ago lol 

does anyone have an idea how to “debug” these cameras with the USB insert on the side of them ? 
if so how? 

I would rather try to debug them then spend another 6-800 dollars on replacements 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also factory reset the cameras?  Or just the base?

Mister_Vic_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up factory resetting  everything 

figured since I was already outside on a ladder why not 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mister_Vic_ wrote:

I ended up factory resetting  everything 

figured since I was already outside on a ladder why not 

Try moving one of the cameras close to the smarthub as a test (several feet away, not inches...)

Mister_Vic_
Aspirant
Aspirant

With all due respect I did that already 

internet is not the issue either I have a business package for my house 

what I’ve seen is that these two cameras have some sort of bug in the software that needs to be flushed out and for whatever reason I cannot get a straight answer on how to debug them with the usb input on the side of the camera 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mister_Vic_ wrote:

for whatever reason I cannot get a straight answer on how to debug them with the usb input on the side of the camera 

No idea if that port is enabled for debug in production cameras.  Arlo hasn't (and likely won't) say.

@Mister_Vic_ wrote:

With all due respect I did that already 

With all due respect we only know what you tell us.

Do you have these cameras in a subscription plan?  If you do, it'd be useful to know if they are recording when motion is detected.

If they are not in a subscription plan, you might consider adding some local storage, and then see if the cameras are recording to the base.  There have been some reports from people saying they are getting recordings but cannot livestream.

Mister_Vic_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both local and cloud recording and have been paying for a subscription with Arlo , hence my frustration, 

almost two years ago I had many back to back support requests with Arlo “support” and have jumped through all the technical hoops 

and after spending over 2K on Arlo equipment over 4 years it’s getting very old so please excuse my short answers with you 

from what I’ve gathered there is something that went wrong with these cameras when they last updated and it never corrected itself so from my experience in troubleshooting tech is leading me to believe that it’s an easy debugging fix 

yet everyone that works with Arlo refuses to acknowledge this 

and eventually directs me to purchasing new cameras 😂😂😂😂

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation