Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra No cloud in Dubai or local SD remote view

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
xvlvx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok

So I bought an Arlo Ultra and I own an Arlo HD also.

Arlo Ultra has no 7 days cloud recording unlike the Arlo HD.

Arlo Ultra cannot view SD information remotely!

Arlo Ultra subscription is not available in Dubai UAE.

What the hell am I supposed to do with this Arlo!

What’s the point! I have literally no option! Thieves can just come home and take the bloody device and I cannot do anything!

It’s just a notification system!

The system is so slow and lagging that it delays feed by a bloody minute! I have a 100 Mbps connection download and 50Mbps upload!

It still is this slow!
4 REPLIES 4
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @xvlvx  - re: remote SD card viewing - this feature is called "Direct Storage Access" and is coming soon! Sit tight just a bit longer - we'll give a heads up when it's accessible in the app.

xvlvx
Aspirant
Aspirant
@ArloAlex - I am traveling in 3 hours for 18 days.

How do I arm and protect my assets? The propose of a security cam is investigations and actions rite?

At least give me a month of subscription or an option to pay for a month to record on cloud?

There is nothing that I can do to record an incident? This is beyond appalling!
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @xvlvx - As you mentioned, yes, the Arlo Ultra subscription is not available in UAE. And, until Direct Storage Access is available, your Ultra will provide only live streaming, push notifications, and local recording (without app access). However, as you noted, your Arlo HD will provide cloud storage in UAE.

If you could, please DM me with where you purchased your Arlo Ultra, as the system should only be available in countries where we support Arlo Smart. 

xvlvx
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have DM’ed you.

This was purchased in the US a few months back. I only tested it but didn’t have time to install it.

Because Arlo HD ran out of batteries I put these on under emergency travel replacement.

And I am literally shocked.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation