Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 XL Internet Connection

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jusjenna
Follower
Follower

I had to get new equipment from my internet provider. My Arlo Pro 4XL cameras were connected to my old router on the 2.4 GHz ban. The new router only has 5GHz, I don’t see a 2.4GHz option at all. How can I get my cameras connected to the internet? Would either the Alro Ultra Smart Hub or the Arlo Pro Smart Hub allow my cameras to connect to the faster internet speed? I only have the cameras listed above, no other equipment. What is the difference in the Alro Ultra Smart Hub and the Arlo Pro Smart Hub? What would be the better option for me (if the hubs would fix my connection problem)?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Most/many new routers combine the 2 frequency bands into one SSID and let the phone and router decide which frequency is supported as well as used. You may be able to separate the bands into separate SSIDs but many folks don't know how to do this and many routers may not allow this.

Depending on what you've already done to the cameras, you may just be able to log into the admin pages on the new router and set the SSID and password to what it used to be and then go into the camera settings, Connected To and use Change Network. If you've removed and/or reset the cameras, you have to set them up as if new again. Tell us what you've tried and what you see.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation