Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Motion detection broken again

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
So recently we had issue with cameras that everything got recorded, even light beams, rain, movements of trees ...
Arlo kinda fixed the problem and broke it again!
My cameras is facing one way street and car park at the end of the street, now cars has left car park and there is no recordings, also on the road parked cars leave and no recordings in library!
Sure there is some recordings but so many skipped movement In front of cameras!
My car is closest to one of my ultra cameras and i got 5 vids recorded from as it should be 10 !
Anybody experiencing same ?
6 REPLIES 6
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Jank, yes many people are experiencing your exact issue as well!

Please check the other threads under this Ultra section.  There is one near the top I created last week with many replies and views.

Arlo support is working on it but unfortunately I have not seen any Arlo employee chat member reply to any of these sporadic or none motion cloud recordings issues since last week.

I am one of those members as well.

I have two Ultra cameras, for example, I checked my SD yesterday and had three recordings, at 1249am, 102am, 545am for the driveway camera and front yard camera.

Those three recordings were not on my library/cloud and did not receive any smart notifications either.

Good luck to us getting this resolved soon hopefully!

I would kindly recommend opening a case via the Arlo support website.  You can fill out an automated form on their website which will generate a case # so you do not have to talk to overseas support who can follow text in a book.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Mark-V here is another customer with the issue.

thanks,

Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tried everything !
Started with Arlo universal fix (paracetamol) Removed all cameras from base, reconnected - no success !
Turned off local sd card recording, run cameras plugged or unplugged!
Nothing works!
Just came back from work and nothing in library, mu car didnt get recorded!
I'm casper the ghost and so others! In meantime Arlo keep advertising how important is to get security cams to protect your home, valuables !
Still got 8 months To play warranty time to return all of them ! But until then might be situation that i have nothing to return 😂 Now thieves can steal our cameras smiling into them and we never gonna find out! 👍🏽
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tickets have been opened and escalated to the engineering team detailing the issues being reported here. Thank you for all of the information that has been provided so far, the development team is currently reviewing this data to root cause the issue. I will provide an update once we have more to share.

JamesC

Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks! Hopefully quick fix
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since 10am until 5pm i've got zero recording in my library .. where it should be atleast 20 and more ... some of my cameras are completely dead regarding motion recording
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation