Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joncuna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, need a bit of help with arlo ultra 2, just aren't picking up motion as good as my older arlo's do, any body got any tips

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joncuna wrote:

need a bit of help with arlo ultra 2, just aren't picking up motion as good as my older arlo's do, 

Is the issue limited to the top third of the field of view?

Joncuna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi yes it is, it only picks things up from about 15 ft away. Bran new camers, my older one's can have 250 hits ultra2 can have 15, from same place,

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joncuna wrote:

it only picks things up from about 15 ft away. 

The motion detection spec for all the Arlo cameras is between 20 and 25 (depending on the model).

Joncuna
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not getting 20 to 25 ft, only about 15, surpose to be an upgrade, why are they so poor, can I do anythink to make them better, 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera positioning and motion sensitivity are both needed to best get the maximum range. Motion should be across the FOV, not at the camera. Note that the extreme wide angle view of the Ultras means the motion detection is not across the whole FOV, with the upper 1/3 not used.

Joncuna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi what is fov mean, and can I do anythink in setting to change, the range of pick up, these are totally useless, I

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joncuna wrote:

Hi what is fov mean, 

"field of view" - a term he uses above.

You either need to adjust the camera position or increase the motion sensitivity.

The camera is more sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view than the top, and it also is more sensitive to motion across the field of view (and less sensitive to motion directly towards the camera).

Joncuna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay thank you, so camers not very good my pro 3 picks up everything, should of got 2 more of them instead

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation