Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had the Pro 720p attached to the garage and it picked up every vehicle driving by which is what I want. Mail theft is common in this area as of a year ago. The Pro 720p witnessed several times at my mail box.
So I upgraded to the Ultra 2 4k. The Ultra 2 misses every car driving by. It'll pick up motion in the driveway, but not beyond. Yet the Pro 720p catches every car driving by. I still have the 720p running to compare performance. I've played with the activity zones and the motion sensitivity. Nothing. I really wanna like the new system. But right now I'm s little upset.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that the Ultras are so wide angle that the upper third of the view won't detect motion. It would appear to be a limitation of the PIR sensors. The cameras are designed to capture people near the house/camera, not everything everywhere.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Note that the Ultras are so wide angle that the upper third of the view won't detect motion.

One option is to invert the camera, and see if it picks up more.  There is a corresponding setting in the video settings to invert the picture.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation