Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 - Spotlight request to Enable in certain mode, enable only in certain activity zone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hugggg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two questions on the spotlight function on the Ultra 2:

1. Is it possible to only enable the spotlight function in a specific mode? i.e. in Mode 1 the spotlight is enabled, but when Mode 2 is chosen the spotlight is disabled (and use normal nightvision)?

2. Is it possible to only enable the spotlight if motion is detected in a specific activity zone, while in another activity zone recording happens without spotlight (with normal nightvision only)?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hugggg wrote:

1. Is it possible to only enable the spotlight function in a specific mode? i.e. in Mode 1 the spotlight is enabled, but when Mode 2 is chosen the spotlight is disabled (and use normal nightvision)?

2. Is it possible to only enable the spotlight if motion is detected in a specific activity zone, while in another activity zone recording happens without spotlight (with normal nightvision only)?

Unfortunately you can't do either of these.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hugggg wrote:

Unfortunately you can't do either of these.

hugggg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thanks, too bad. Can this please be added as a feature request?

When setting up a custom mode you can currently also adjust the motion sensitivity, so would hope one day you can also toggle the spotlight for certain modes. And the spotlight for activity zones closer to the camera while recording in night vision for the rest of the camera field of vision would be great.

Much appreciated
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hugggg wrote:
Ok thanks, too bad. Can this please be added as a feature request?

This is a customer forum, and I don't work for Arlo - so that's not something I can do.

I agree that the system would be more flexible if more settings were in the rules.  Though it likely would make troubleshooting more complicated.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation