Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 Cameras not recording to local SD card

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Staindbyred
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had tried everything I know to do and I can’t seem to get my ultra 2 cameras to record to my local SD card. The smart hub is reading it as good and my rules are set to record. I can see the notifications and the live view (lots of lag) but it will not record. It says there’s something in my library but nothing is there. Please help!!!

Mine is vmb5000r5

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you enabled direct access to local storage?  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Are you trying this when your phone/tablet is connected to your home wifi?

pwaggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Definitely check out the KP article recommended by @StephenB . If that does not work, the first Smart Hub that I received had a broken SD drive. As soon as the Smart Hub was replaced, the unit started recording after it formatted the SD card.

Staindbyred
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve done that and been on the same WiFi and it’s still not recording. I added an arlo pro 2 camera and that seems to be recording. Not sure what’s going on with the ultra 2 cameras.
Staindbyred
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anybody have a physical number to call for Arlo support?
dcfox1
Master
Master

In the App under support there is a Phone number. The reason you are seeing the Pro2 recording are because they are free 7 day Cloud recordings for Pro2 and older cams.  If you would have a subscription for the Ultra you would also see Cloud recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation