Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mdwatkins429
Initiate
Initiate

I want to emphatically state my opinion of the $1K Arlo system that we purchased which is this - Had I known that I would be sucked into a subscription scam by such dishonesty I would NEVER have purchased this piece of garbage. Your 4K system's not that great and the ease of use also sucks. But the worst is the subscription per device if I want live playback. The storage system is a joke and I'll make sure that I let everyone know that you're nothing but a very overpriced scam. My son got a Blink doorbell and 2 camera system and the storage and playback is so simple with their type of hub. I actually talked to a neighbor of mine who referred Arlo but didn't warn me about your ridiculous subscription after a 30 day trail. You're nothing but garbage. I'd take your cameras down and throw them away if they hadn't been so much trouble to put up.

2 REPLIES 2
mdwatkins429
Initiate
Initiate

It is also very convenient that there is no email or phone number for customer service. By God I want to talk to somebody!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mdwatkins429 wrote:

But the worst is the subscription per device if I want live playback. 

Just to clarify this for other readers of your post...

• Live streaming and alert notifications don't require a subscription, but cloud storage for recordings does.
  • There is an unlimited camera subscription option, as well as per-device.  If you have cameras at more than one site (summer home, etc), then you'd need subscriptions for each site.  Current US pricing for unlimited cameras at one site is $12.99 per month (10.83 if paid annually).  
  • Phone support requires a subscription, and is available through the Arlo app.

The need for the subscription is on the packaging (and usually at the on-line stores), but not always as prominent as I would like.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation