Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 additional cameras compatibility with other models

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LBowser
Follower
Follower

I have a Arlo Pro 2 system and want to add more cameras but I'm not sure what cameras are the best choice and which cameras will be compatible? I would like to purchase cameras that have better quality if possible? What are the difference of each different model of cameras? 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LBowser wrote:

I would like to purchase cameras that have better quality if possible? 

One thing you need to be aware of - all the newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) require a paid subscription to get cloud storage.  

One aspect here is whether your existing base is compatible.  You can check that out here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

If your base is not compatible, then you'd either need to get a new one, or go with cameras that can connect directly to your home wifi.

@LBowser wrote:

What are the difference of each different model of cameras? 

Some key differences are

• Essential:  1080p, so similar specs to the Pro 2.  But it has a sealed battery (not user replaceable).  It can connect directly to your home wifi (or to a compatible base).
  • Pro 3:  2K resolution, and requires a compatible base.
  • Pro 3 Floodlight:  2K camera with integrated floodlight.  It can connect directly to your home wifi (or to a compatible base).
  • Pro 4: Same as Pro 3, but can connect directly to your home wifi (or use a compatible base).
  • Ultra/Ultra2: 4K resolution and requires a compatible base.

Note that XL models have a bigger battery (and are physically a lot larger).

If you do upgrade your base station, I suggest going with a smarthub (either a VMB4540 or a VMB5000).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation