Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Where can I source replacement O rings which are used between Camera & Housing?

Seems many people have asked but no response from Arlo

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

As ARLO doesn’t supply O-ring replacements for the ARLO ULTRA 2 camera, I went to a UK supplier of Seals & O-rings etc with the camera and O-ring required, they measured it and found a replacement at £0.20 per O-ring, the replacement O-ring fits perfectly.

Their reference is: 0500-15 NBR70 NITRILE O RING 50mm x 1.5mm

M Barnwell Services Limited

Reginald Road,

Smethwick

West Midlands B67 5AS

United Kingdom

Tel: (0121) 429 8011 (20 Lines)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dgmi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Great question!!  there should be an ARLO parts catalog  

My equipment is still fairly new, but I can see how some of these items get worn/lost specially after so many in/out cycle when replacing the batteries. 

watching this thread, as I’ll prob need some eventually

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

MY CAMERAS ARE OVER 2 YEARS OLD AND O RINGS ARE GETTING WORN!

THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED MANY TIMES AND NO ANSWERS, ARLO DOESN'T KEEP THE O RINGS IS THE USUAL RESPONSE................

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More specifically, Arlo has NO replacement parts. Certain things can be replaced by contacting support (requires a subscription) but otherwise you have to search on your own. The local hardware store may be a good source - take your old o-ring or even the camera to see if they have anything that would work. 

I recently needed an o-ring that the hardware store didn't have. They suggested a nearby company that had tons of different size o-rings so I went there. They provided me with 2 slightly different sizes to make sure one would work - for free. YMMV.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Same here... found a local hardware store that had a box of assorted o-rings ( for a pro camera )... found one close enough to work.

Tho I do recommend using silicon grease on the o-rings to stop a lot of the wear/tear  ( local hardware, dive shop, pool center, etc ) Only takes a little and stop the camera from sticking inside housing.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, I used silicone grease already as a diver use it for my underwater camera etc so familiar with it.

Can find any local o ring suppliers to suit the Arlo though

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try carefully measuring the overall diameter and thickness to see if an Internet search shows anything. They can't be unique.

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

As ARLO doesn’t supply O-ring replacements for the ARLO ULTRA 2 camera, I went to a UK supplier of Seals & O-rings etc with the camera and O-ring required, they measured it and found a replacement at £0.20 per O-ring, the replacement O-ring fits perfectly.

Their reference is: 0500-15 NBR70 NITRILE O RING 50mm x 1.5mm

M Barnwell Services Limited

Reginald Road,

Smethwick

West Midlands B67 5AS

United Kingdom

Tel: (0121) 429 8011 (20 Lines)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for posting the specs - that should help those needing to replace the o-ring a lot.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation