Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local storage saving grey thumbprints

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am new to the Arlo family, 4 ultra2’s with smart base.  I have added microsd for local storage.  Two issues…. All thumbprints are being stored as a grey pic, and all thumbprints are being stored as motion only.  This makes it very difficult to find what I am looking for unless I view each grey print.  I’d like to know the difference between people and  vehicles.  Also a real pic rather than a grey pic.  Have I missed a setting that should be turned on ?  Thanks for a reply. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I am new to the Arlo family, 4 ultra2’s with smart base.  I have added microsd for local storage.  Two issues…. All thumbprints are being stored as a grey pic, and all thumbprints are being stored as motion only.  This makes it very difficult to find what I am looking for unless I view each grey print.  I’d like to know the difference between people and  vehicles.  Also a real pic rather than a grey pic.  Have I missed a setting that should be turned on ? 

No, unfortunately you haven't missed a setting.

Smart notifications (vehicles, etc) is a subscription feature - and even with a subscription, the local recordings aren't tagged with the image classifications.  Those are only shown for the recordings in the Arlo cloud.

And one of several restrictions with direct access to local storage is that there are no thumbnails - as you found, you need to download the recording before you can see anything.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation